Able Skips ~ Providing Reliable & Affordable Skip Hire Services in Lancashire
Book A Skip
Book A Skip
Able Skips Limited is committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the security of any personal information received from you. We strictly adhere to the requirements of the data protection legislation in the UK, in particular the Data Protection Act 1988. The purpose of this statement is to explain to you what personal information we collect and how we may use it.
When you order, we need to know your Name, Address, Contact Details and Delivery Details (if these are not the same). This allows us to process and fulfil your order. You have the option to withhold personal information that is not required for the order process.
We use your personal information only to fulfil your order.
We do not sell, rent or exchange your personal information with any third party outside our skip hire network for commercial reasons.
We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access in accordance with the UK data protection legislation.
We do not collect sensitive information about you except when you specifically knowingly provide it. In order to maintain the accuracy of our database, you can check, update or remove your personal details by logging in to your account in the Registered Users section.
We do not send spam emails to personal email addresses.
If you have any questions about privacy please contact us by using our contact form here.
This section describes how we calculate refunds and outlines our policy. Our refunds policy does not affect your statutory rights.
One clear working day’s notice is required to terminate the hiring of the Skip
Orders canceled by 15.00 on working day prior to scheduled delivery date will be refunded in full. Order cancelation must be confirmed by telephone or via email with our sales office.
Sales Office: 01772 622342
Orders canceled after 15.00 on working day prior to scheduled delivery date will be subject to a 30% cancelation fee on the hire price. Skip road licence fees paid to the appropriate councils will be non returnable.
No refund will be payable once the Skip has been delivered to the scheduled address.
Note: Able Skip Hire Limited cannot generate refunds for services purchased from third-party Skip hire Companies. Only your seller can generate a refund.
Once your Skip Order has been submitted Our Sales Office will contact the customer by either email/telephone/text message (as supplied during the order process) to confirm the successful receipt of the order. This intial contact will provide an approximate time of delivery on the chosen date of delivery.
Able Skip Hire Ltd will endeavor to meet this stated delivery time, but the company will not be held responsible for any delays caused by circumstance beyond our control. Such circumstances could include adverse weather or traffic conditions. In the event of such circumstances Able Skip Hire Ltd will contact customers to advise of potential delays and rescheduled delivery times. Under normal circumstances Able Skip Hire Ltd will aim to meet its approximate delivery time within a window of 5 hours. Outside this time frame, and if no rescheduling agreement has been with our Sales Office, our customers may reserve the right to cancel the delivery and request a refund, however we will not be liable for any further loss caused by late delivery.
All Customers must ensure that the necessary minimum space and access required to position the size of skip they have ordered is avaialble at the delivery site. Failure to provide a safe, adequate location to site the skip will result in cancellation of the delivery and a wasted jounrney charge shall be applied.
If at any time the delivery date or time of an order needs to be changed to suit a customers requirements then please contact our sales office on 01772 622342 at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled delivery time.
All orders will require a signature on delivery in order to comply with Environment Agency Duty of Care Waste Transfer Regulations. A VAT invoice/reciept will be sent to the delivery address on day of delivery, but if necessary can be forwarded to an alternative postal address if prior notification is made to our sales office.
Able Skip Hire Limited Environmental Policy Statement
Able Skip Hire Ltd has been implementing a successful environmental and recycling policy for a number of years, and has seen a positive benefit to recycling with an active company policy on reducing landfill waste. All employees are encouraged to segregate waste correctly.
We have created and will develop our existing Environmental Policy by minimising the use of waste to Landfill through employee awareness, good working practice, mechanical recycling or reuse where possible.
- Cultivate a work ethic with a high level of awareness of landfill minimisation and recycling.
- Promote economy in the use of fuels and other consumables.
- Encourage the purchase of recycled materials and those, which are suitable for disposal by recycling.
- Favour sub-contractors who also have positive recycling and waste management practices and who operate according to sound environmental principles.
- Minimise waste by encouraging the exchange, and reuse of equipment and materials amongst departments.
- Develop a waste management strategy, which accommodates recycling procedures and initiatives.
- Continue to develop and improve the range and scope of recycling methods.
- Encourage departments to establish local recycling schemes, which are relevant to their individual activities.
- Energy conservation, by turning off lights when rooms are going to be unoccupied, only turn on machinery and manufacturing equipment over the period when it is required.
- Waste cardboard and paper, cans, bottles and plastic are all collected, sorted and stored prior to being recycled.
- Aluminium, copper and steel waste, is collected and reprocessed.
- Batteries, circuit boards, electronic components and fluorescent tubes are segregated and sent to official reprocessing sites.
- Toner and inkjet cartridges and mobile phones are sent to the St.Catherines Hospice Appeal.
Old computers and electrical waste products will be recycled under the guidelines of the WEEE directive.
- The Company will plan all its activities, which may have a significant effect on the environment in line with its environmental management system (EMS).
- The Company will review this policy annually as part of its EMS.
- Health and Safety issues are to be considered as part of the environment and their effects taken into account in the development and implementation of the policy.
- The Company will identify and assess all significant likely environmental effects of its actual or planned activities, and limit the environmental impact to the practical minimum, having due regard to releases into the environment, energy consumption and its own waste production.
- When planning new activities or services the Company will identify and consider alternative options and make assessment of their environmental impact in relation to market conditions and feasibility.
- The Company will consider any requests or suggestions from the public and will seek the views of local interest groups with regard to the environmental impact of its activities and services provided or intended.
21 June 2011
Brent Johnstone , Director